Monday 26 September 2016

Let's Eat 2 Conclusion

My concluding thoughts about season 2? It's an okay watch. Not much of a story to start with, the food variety is more than season 1. The female lead has more connection with the male lead, she played the role really well. It was more believable as she had to exercise off all the food that she ate... I think many enjoyed her cutesy moments but I found myself cringing and skipping most of it actually... (Sorry!) 

The creepy backstory line is also more realistic, Joo Seung or real identity Ahn Chan Soo.. had to go to jail for identity theft and also possibly injuring the real Joo Seung... But this made the story even heavier than it already was. 

I found some interesting comments on AsianWiki:

@namelessone: 

"Season 1: Goo Dae Young acts like cupid, trying to help the second male lead to get the girl he likes who's the main female lead. When they go on a date he starts to realize that he himself likes the girl. Goo Dae Young and the female lead get together.

Season 2: Goo Dae Young acts like cupid, trying to help the main female lead to get the man she likes, who is the second male lead. When these two start to date he starts to realise that he himself likes the girl. Goo Dae Young and the female lead get together.
Season 3: Well, you should know by now."
@Ruki:
"I did go through with the second season for the sake of the first season. I probably wouldn't watch it till the end if I never saw the first one. It's not bad, it's just mediocre. There wasn't any particular story to talk about. Some funny scenes here and there. The food scenes were just there, like fillers. No memorable side characters. To my surprise, Goo Dae Young was my main problem because unlike the first season he felt more like Doojoon himself than the character (there are also traits of Doojoon himself in season 1 but I could still see him as the character Goo Dae Young)...."
@Kitiara: 
"So they want the viewers to believe in this season's romance? But how and why? What if they make another season where Doojoon breaks up again and finds a new love? Why should we trust this couple if the first one didn't last very long? What happened to "promise me that you won't let go of my hand in the future"? Now we know that that promise didn't even last in the near future. Too soon dear writers and producers, to soon. And don't tell me that this happens in real life, too, this is not a reality show or documentary."
Now, if the director/producers really want to make another season 3... (I'm cringing now) I seriously would like to see Dae Yeong in another relationship with a guy this time!! Hahahah!!! I found this hilarious scene while running through season 1 for screenshots: 


So that's about it. Here are some nice scenic views from Dae Yeong's drive back to Seoul in the final episode... 


Yes, maybe you should have stayed single... 


Hey, isn't that the same karaoke place for single people from season 1?! Oh wait, it now available for two persons... 


And last but not least, a cameo by the director himself and the writer (?) or producer?


I still prefer season 1 to season 2. It was more light hearted and the food was the one that captured my interest in this drama series. After all, if the first one wasn't good there wouldn't be a second season right??!! :P Hope you all enjoyed this review and also the food recap. See you in the next K-drama! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment