Friday 23 September 2016

Let's Eat 2 Review Part 1

Finally finished watching Let's Eat 2! To be honest, it was really hard for me to watch season 2 right after finishing season 1. Season 1 ended with a beautiful poem about rice; that lonely, sad, bored people can become a family and the sweet promise of never letting go of each other's hands...

To my dismay, season 2 starts with the story of break-up from the lead female of season 1 and the downhill career path of Goo Dae Yeong which forces him to move to a smaller town, Sejong... about 2 hours drive from Seoul. 


However, I did enjoy the scenic drive from episode one... Reservoirs, bridges, motorway and tunnels... and finally arriving at the destination of the huge government buildings... 


I actually didn't continue season 2 after watching the first episode. Found it really hard because the new female lead was b*tchy to Dae Yeong right from the start. The other side characters such as the land lady, grandmother and Dae Yeong's colleague (I can't even remember his name) didn't make a good impression from the start.

It was only after awhile (also because I had to wait every week for the next episode of W!!) I decided to give the series another go... and I'm glad that I did, as the story did pick up from episode 2- 3 onwards... explaining the reason Baek Soo Ji was being so mean to Dae Yeong as well as the creepy creature living on the rooftop.

No comments:

Post a Comment