Monday 14 August 2017

Midnight Foodstore Episode 22- 25 review

[Episodes 22- 25] Street Fighter

Featured food: Double stir-fry pork



Alright, there is some confusion now... I checked the list of episodes on the drama website online, this story appeared as Episodes 32- 35. However, on my local cable TV they have aired this story as Episodes 22- 25. Very strange, I don't know who has the correct order of episodes. Also, the online drama website has only 36 episodes but I realised that the TV version ran up to 40 episodes. It is confusing and frustrating, especially for someone like me who has some OCD! ;P

Anyway, I shall go with the version that I watched. I am guessing that maybe in China they have cut out some episodes. I have no idea why. :( Enough with speculation, let's get with the story! :D

Ah Sheng is an underground fighter. He earns a living by fighting in fight clubs. Ah Sheng would patronise the midnight diner after every fight to eat a plate of double stir-fried pork. One night he meets Ming Mei, who is a single mother and her son Ku Ke. I actually thought that Ku Ke was a girl at first... (-_-") He is attracted to her instantly and vice versa. 


Ah Sheng has a manager but somehow that manager doesn't seem to arrange enough fights for him. He wants to earn more money. I love the custom furniture warehouse here! It reminds me of the one I saw in Jay Park's music video. 


Meanwhile, Ah Sheng and Ming Mei grew closer to each other through Ku Ke. He embraced Ah Sheng really fast and they love hanging out with each other. 


Ah Sheng decides to ask Ming Mei out for a date... Aww! So sweet... Ming Mei's sister is the same lady from Love by Design. It's nice to see some familiar faces! Ah Sheng and Ming Mei gets down to it straight away.. Hahah!! No wasting time there... ;D


Ah Sheng was still fighting in the underground scene and it caught the attention of the professional fighter, Castro. He insists on having a match with Ah Sheng. The problem with Castro is that he is a brutal fighter, some previous opponents actually died after being hit by him. Oh noes! :O 


When Ah Sheng heard about Castro's offer to a duel, he was so elated. It was like his dream come true, to be able to finally fight in a professional arena. However, Ming Mei heard about the danger of Castro and did not want Ah Sheng to die while fighting him. She gave him the ultimatum it was either her or the match. Aigoo! I felt like I was watching Fight for my way all over again... With Aera telling Dongman if he fought she will break-up with him. Urrrgh. 


Ah Sheng did not listen to her.. Hahah! It's hard isn't it, when you are chasing your dreams... He started training really hard. Everyone was happy for him and they helped him out. The diner boss made power drinks and food, Ah Long and Ah Xian used their gang members and Ah Dao let him train in the sub-zero freezer. This part was really cool, it is like a Chinese version of Rocky! 


The match day was fast approaching, Ah Long has some last pep talk with Ah Sheng. He looks weird without those sunglasses! ;D


Match day! Everyone gathered at the diner to watch the fight. Ah Sheng tried to invite Ming Mei but she refused to go. This part was really gruelling to watch, Castro was pounding Ah Sheng with all those blows... :( I really didn't know which way it will go at this point... I thought Ah Sheng might die... Nuuu! 


So glad that it is a happy ending! :D Yes, Ah Sheng survived the match with Castro. I really didn't know that there were so many rounds in these kind of fighting match. The episodes online cut down the fight scenes. Castro did win the title and Ah Sheng got Ming Mei. She did go to the stadium at the end and Ah Sheng promised to retire from fighting to marry her. Aww! 


Overall an empowering story, about not giving up on your dreams, train hard and seizing the opportunity when it comes. There wasn't much on the featured dish, I guess the director focused on the fight instead. :P 

2 comments:

  1. I just watched this episode tonight..so touching and I'm so in it..can't wait to see the following scenes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh haha! It's a good ending, don't worry! Sorry I just saw your comment here. :D Hope you enjoyed the drama!

      Delete