Tuesday 6 December 2016

My Wife's Having an Affair this Week review


Drama name: My Wife's Having an Affair this Week 
Country: South Korea
Year: Oct- Dec 2016 

I watched this drama because of the male lead...I recognised him from Coffee Prince. :) I did not watch any of his dramas after that... (Pasta, but I might someday!) So it's good to see him again! I understand that this is a remake of a 2007 Japanese drama albeit with some updated items to it. 

So, what's this drama about?

Do Hyun Woo, a senior producer in a TV company has to come up with a new programme series as their current show has been axed. His team comes up with an idea about cheating wives. Ironically, he finds himself in the same situation when he stumbled across a text message on his wife's mobile. A man named Michael has booked a hotel room that coming Saturday. Feelings of denial, anger, confusion and despair followed. Hyun Woo could not concentrate on his work or his daily life at all. One night in his despair, confusion and also half-drunken state, he wrote his situation on a local Internet board asking for advice. Entitled," My wife is having an affair this week" (The show's title) the message board quickly gained the interest of many and became viral. 

The rest of the story goes on with Hyun Woo dealing with the situation as well as all forms of marital problems, ranging from adultery to divorce.



Overall thoughts?

It's definitely a drama for a mature audience. It deals with marriage, marital infidelity and issues pertaining to family. I actually enjoyed this drama (Maybe because I'm old!) The points that they brought up and responses to the situations were very realistic. The acting by all the cast was very good. I particularly enjoyed the responses from individuals on the Internet message board. 

Best parts of the drama?

The interiors of the various cafes and hotels were really nice. :D 


Producer Ahn and Writer Kwon (Bo Young)'s apartments were nice too:


Their office pantry has a really cool design as well: 


Some funky staircase: 

Notable scenes

Producer Ahn's reaction to Writer Kwon's blind date:


Karaoke dance version to Pick Me Up: 


Lawyer Choi and Producer Ahn demonstrating hand combat: 


Heartbreaking scene when Joon Soo cries after hearing that his parents will live apart:


Commericals

Smeg products- Oh seriously I love that pink kettle/ flask! 


Persil? Perse? I don't even know why I'm putting this in... 


Conclusion

Hyun Woo and Soo Yeon did get a divorce after all. Soo Yeon got the custody of their son, Joon Soo. Hyun Woo became a better man after the ordeal and took care of them even while living apart. There was a brief moment where Hyun Woo could have started a new relationship with a neighbourhood friend, but he decided to go back to his wife. Overall a happy ending and a new beginning to a life back together after separation. Okay, did that make any sense?! I hope it did! 


No comments:

Post a Comment